Fundraising is a crucial source of income in assisting us with the services and supports we provide to individuals and families affected by HD. With the help of dedicated volunteers we run annual events throughout Ireland including:
Joe Doran’s HD Awareness Walk takes place in July at Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Co Roscommon. All welcome!
The #Sunriseupcroaghpatrick event takes place on 27th June 2020 at Croagh Patrick, Westport, Co Mayo. The event supports people affected by Huntington's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Motor Neurone Disease. Participants can opt to climb the mountain or walk beneath it. If you want to raise sponsorship for Huntington's Disease you can set up an online fundraising page with iDonate.
Mini Marathon – Each year wonderful women take part on behalf of HDAI. In 2019: Aisling; Anne, Catriona & Lynne; Ciara & Holly; Josie; and Nicole & Shannon supported HDAI in the Dublin marathon.
HDAI uses iDonate, which is an online platform assisting charities and non-profits with fundraising and allows volunteers to raise funds online.
If you would like to raise funds but aren't sure how to start, here are some ideas from our wonderful voluntary fundraisers…
- Ann and friends organised a Charity Tea Dance.
- Nuala, Dawn and friends held a Bingo night and pub quiz
- Numerous volunteers raise funds through sponsorship for marathons, walks and cycles
- Íde and Máire hold a ‘Handknits for Huntington's Disease’ stall at an annual Craft Fair.
- Ann, Angelina, Bernie, Deirdre, Mary, Mark and many others sell HDAI Christmas cards.
- Martina and friends hold a casual day at work
- Ann, Frances, Michelle and others have held coffee mornings and cake sales at their places of work
If you have any ideas or want to take part in a sponsorship event contact us at email@example.com
HDAI’s Annual Financial Statement and Activity Reports are available here . HDAI has formally committed to complying with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Statement of Guiding Principles for fundraising
HDAI has formally committed to complying with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising